Saturday, March 10, 2018

Quirky Hearts and Bird Sketches

It's been a busy week, and my eyes are giving me some trouble, because of slow growing brown cataracts, plus, I've had the toothache, but I managed to get in a couple of quirky doodle sketches Monday and Tuesday. Water-soluble Lyra crayon on 100% rag paper with a water brush in my sketchbook.


This little bird emerged sleeping on a flower. At first, I thought he was dead, but now I think he's just sleeping. Love him! He reminds me of myself. When I get depressed, overwhelmed, fatigued, or life just gets to be a bit much for, I tend to take a nap! :)


These hearts emerged after a trip to the Dr. for a checkup and bloodwork, which didn't divulge good news for me. But I love the hearts and teardrops! Perhaps, because my heart is currently trying to mend from losing my mom and my father-in-law so close together in the last few months.

Wednesday was a trip to the dentist, where I had xrays and an exam to see what needed to be done, since I had some broken teeth. I have a couple that hurt off and on. After the exam, I had the toothache until Thursday night, then not at all Friday.

Thursday and, this morning, I worked on a class assignment in acrylic painting/collage that I started before my father-in-law got sick and passed at the beginning of February. It's for the Paint Your Heart and Soul 2018 (link is on sidebar) year long course, which I have fallen way behind on, but that's okay. It's available from now on, so I can take my time, which I want to do, because I'm learning a lot from each teacher.

Hubby came down with a nasty bad cold night before last, and is feeling really bad today. I hate when he's sick. He's usually such a vibrant personality that it's really weird when he's quiet and still. Praying that he feels better soon!

Anyway, I'm really trying hard to keep up with everything, especially my art, but it's a struggle for me, as I know it is for you. Don't quit! The art thing is worth it! It's good for our soul! :D

No comments: