Saturday, March 3, 2018

Quirky Doodle Sketch-Dog with 2 Birds


One of my favorite quirky doodles so far, again, in non-water-soluble Lyra crayon in my mixed media sketchbook! I love the dog's expression at the birds on her head! She also reminds me of the little Pekingese dog we had for sixteen years, and still miss terribly.

I think what I call quirky doodle sketching is what is now called intuitive drawing/painting. I close my eyes, meditating and focusing beforehand helps, and make random marks and swirls in light pencil marks all over the page, then open my eyes and look for the hidden image to emerge. Then I bring out the image with darker marks, adding lines and shapes, as needed, mixed with my imagination. A sketchbook full of quirky sketches becomes an original coloring book, which can be used as jumping off points for larger paintings, cards, prints, etc.

One day, when I'm brave enough and good enough, I may try to sell some of my work. In the meantime, I just enjoy the adventure that is art! As I've said before, it's good for my soul and peace of mind!

No comments: