Monday, March 19, 2018

Quirky Doodle Ptg-Winter In Summer

Mixed Media on paper in my journal using black stabilo pencil, collage, and acrylic paints.


The character that emerged from my random marks...


I collaged a torn napkin onto the paper, but forgot to make a picture of that step. The napkin was thin enough for the drawing to show through, so I added a layer of acrylic paint. It then occurred to me that I had a summer background, and she was wearing a fur cape. I'm thinking, as she is an older lady, that she is in the winter of her life, but still enjoying life's little treasures.


I tore and collaged a paper heart onto her cape, and added more layers of paint.


I kept adding layers to her face and cape until I could live with her, then added a couple of details and high lights, called her done, and left her to reflect on her life thus far. I love her!

No comments: