Monday, March 19, 2018

PYH&S 2018-Class 5-Mixed Media "From Heart to Spirit"

Telling a story in mixed Media on MM paper in a 9" x 12" journal, acrylic/gesso background, collage, stablio pencil, acrylic paints, photo print, stencil blank, gel pens, and possibly colored pencils. Class 5 in the PYH&S 2018 (link is on sidebar) course inspired by Annie Hamman, but not like hers.


Starting collage with found papers, napkins, paper doilies, music, teabag envelope, tickets, and some painted scraps from other projects.


I used this photo from Pinterest for the pose, but changed her for my purposes.


I also used this photo from Pinterest for the idea of the horse, but didn't use it.


I did, however, use an original stencil blank, which I traced around, that I had made previously, of my first childhood horse, Old Pat. She was an old gray gentle mare, and she was awesome. I printed off the clown photo, used graphite to coat the back, and used an old pen to transfer the outline of her, which didn't come through very well, so I still had to basically draw her, much of it with paint. I pretty much covered up my collage, which I didn't mean to do. I did leave a phrase showing through, and there are other elements showing through that are not showing up in the photo.


I found the owl and the hat in a magazine, cut them out, and collaged them on and added the ticket stub.


Worked more on everything in paint, collaged another napkin town over the first on, because I had pretty much obliterated the first one, added a printed off photo of the little dog who owned us for almost sixteen years, Kibbles, and painted her a little drum to sit on, then added some details. The phrase just in front of the town is torn from a piece of sheet music and says, "I'll be waiting."


Still adding more layers of paint, plus more napkin pieces with French writing and flowers collaged on, and I gave Old Pat butterfly wings.


Still playing and trying different things, including a little clown suit on Kibbles!

"I'll Be Waiting"

The version I stopped on, after some more adjusting and details. It could have some more work done, but I like it here, for now, so I'm moving on to the next class. Wish I'd painted it on a wooden panel instead of paper in my journal! Oh, well! This piece taught me a lot, so I'm happy! Plus, I loved the process, and learning to tell a story, even if I didn't follow Annie explicitly! 😊

No comments: