Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Quirky Doodle Crow Painted- "Professor Byrd"

Another one of the quirky doodle sketches that I shared in a previous post at the beginning of January, which I have just finished coloring in! At least, I think he's finished. Seems like he might  need just a little something else, but I haven't figured it out yet.

Anyway, for now he's finished, and I love him, so I want you to meet "Professor Byrd"! He reminds me of a college teacher that I had, but he's named after a doctor I had in Nashville, TN when I was little, named Dr. Joe Byrd.


The original sketch in my mixed media journal.


The first layer of inktense color pencils


The addition of some colored pencils, a black stabilo pencil, a little more inktense, a black Posca paint pen, and a little gold acrylic paint brought him to life.

Series 52 is about completing one work a week, just for me, just for fun, so that I have a series of completed work at the end of the year. I hadn't thought I would use a theme, but I'm loving coloring in my quirky doodles, so I just might continue doing them as a series. We'll see!

Also shared in Creative Every Day, my FB art page, and Series 52.



No comments: