Saturday, December 2, 2017

Tiny Bags of Love- (Teabag Art-Prepped Teabags-Sketches)

Tiny Bags of Love class with Jeanne-Marie Webb on Ivy Newport's site (see link on sidebar), a class on painting recycled teabags. I watch and learn from the videos, but my procedure is not necessarily the same procedure in the classes.


Used Teabags Drying...


emptied and a coat of clear gesso on all the tagged bags and about half the square tagless ones that I had previously dried and emptied...


intuitive sketches for paintings on 10 square tagless bags and 2 regular teabags, one with missing tag, over clear gesso with Stabilo water-soluble pencil, letting tea stain images emerge-Ready for color! I did get ahead of myself here. This exercise was meant for later in the class, so I will practice with these and start from scratch on the right exercise later...


Went over Black Stabilo pencil lines with water brush and put the first layer of paint on one character...

The painted face is continued in the next post. These are so addictive! 

No comments: