Tuesday, October 17, 2017

More Recycled Teabags

Still playing and experimenting with used teabags! I think I'm addicted!


Some of the teabags are a little larger and don't have the strings, tags, or staples to help the environment, and the herbal teabags don't stain as dark as regular teabags. I used watercolor and inktense pencils, gel pen and waterbrush  on the imaginary lady above. 


The stains, and any loose tea that didn't come out, add to the imaginary flower painting, also done with watercolor/inktense pencils and gel pen with water.


Different teabag with an imaginary landscape, using the same media as above.


I wanted to try some prints on teabags, so I put black gesso on a mini gel plate and made marks through it with a plastic fork, being careful not to scratch the plate. When that dried, I made dots with a white gel pen, which died on me, and then I laid the teabag down on some semi-dry red acrylic paint for sort of an abstract look.


Again, I used black gesso on the rectangle mini gel plate and stamped into it with the wooden elephant stamp for a black and white print, but it didn't come off plain enough, so I stamped over it in red acrylic paint and with black acrylic paint on a mandala type wooden stamp. I also used a bit of raw umber acrylic ink to darken the pale tea stained teabag.

Four more currently in progress! More experiments and more fun!


Recycled teabags drying. Just waiting to be turned into fun little treasures!

No comments: