Friday, September 29, 2017

Mindy Lacefield "Frolic" Class

Quite a while ago I took a class from Mindy Lacefield called "Frolic" and it was a lot of fun. I love her animals and people!

I probably shared an earlier version of this painting sometime before now, but the other day I was looking through an older sketchbook and came across it again. It told me how to finish it and I listened, and here she is! I really like her now!


The background is collaged, stamped, stenciled, written on, smudged, and whatever else I felt like doing to it. I copied her drawing of the rabbit and tried to follow Mindy's instructions for painting it. Not exactly like hers, but I'm happy with it and I learned from it! The dress pattern was made by writing "The Lord's Prayer" in different directions and colors layered over one another, because I truly needed to pray that prayer that day, and every day. The overall colors harmonize better now too. I love when I find an unfinished piece and know what it needs to finish it! :)

No comments: