Sunday, November 27, 2016

Paint Your Town: Updated Journal Pages

A couple of pages that I've shared before in the early stages, that have been added to and called done!


Mixed media on brown paper bag page, which I first shared...


I thought it needed something, so I added this little paper owl that I made from a circle punch...


Then I got carried away with the pens, markers, and pencils! I like it much better! People in my town have a lot of faith!...


Original mixed media page with a b/w photo transfer onto a rust transferred cloth page of our old theatre...


Added some color and pencil marking, aged and collaged a ticket, and wrote some info...


Added more pencil, brightened up the name, and sealed! I like this version, but I think I like the first version, with its ghostly quality, better, actually!

When I was very little, Daddy loved to go the movies to watch the double feature westerns on Saturday nights. Bluegrass artists, Lester Flatt and Earl Scruggs, once played here. The theatre was closed before I became a teenager and was torn down in the seventies, I think. 

Our town was a thriving, bustling, riverside town when I was growing up in the fifties and sixties. Now it's dying a slow death, as many small towns are. I miss so many of the old buildings/houses that have been torn down in the name of progress.  ðŸ˜¢

I still love her and the people are awesome!

No comments: