Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Rust Fabric Transfers


I'm learning to do rust transfers (rusty objects on to fabric), in this case on flour sack drying cloths I got at Walmart. I'm learning this in a class from www.jeanneoliverdesigns.com in a class called "Paint Your Town: Mixed-Media Urban Landscapes". I should have made a picture of the rusty objects, but I didn't. Anyway, above are my first attempts drying. Once dry, the fabric can be used for different projects. Some of this is to be used in my journal for this class!


These are the transfers on to my fabric after drying. I think I wet them too much or something. Some of them didn't come out like I wanted, like the one above, where I used a large rusty hook.


I like parts of this one...


Love this one!


My second attempt at using the rusty hook and less wetness. This is half the design. I folded the cloth in half up over the hook.


The whole design, and I love it, although, I love it too much! Now I don't want to cut it up or use it for anything else. I learned a lot about what NOT to do on this project!  :)

This is my first project in this class, and I haven't watched all the videos yet. I've been working on the small handmade journal project to keep the mixed-media projects, sketches, etc. of my home town in too. This is a fun class!

See ya on the next project! Keep creating! It's good for your soul!

No comments: