Friday, June 5, 2015

Mixed Media Dove


I put the Animalitos label on this one, but actually, I created it before I decided to take Tracy's class. I have her book on Mojo Painting on my laptop and was reading it. This is a 6" x  6" gallery wrap canvas, and I just started layering collage, acrylic paints, handmade stamps, and one tiny bird stencil in the lower right corner, until I saw an image start to come forth. Can you see it?


I tried to lighten the background some and put a layer of white over the image...


I re-stamped the star and heart stamps to darken them and the tiny bird again and added another layer to the dove...


A bit of black stablio pencil to emphasize a few things, and see the tiny dark bird lower right behind the feather? I could keep doing stuff to it to make it better, or maybe worse, but I like it at this point and am calling it done for now!

Happy weekend and happy painting! :)

No comments: