Friday, May 15, 2015

Good Night Moon (Blue Rabbit)

I love this little piece on 9"x12" cardstock! I didn't photograph all the steps, because I got so caught up in the moment. I layed different papers down and gessoed over them and let them dry, then put dk brown open media acrylic over the gesso, plus some dk brown acrylic ink, let set a minute, then wiped some off and let dry. I used an off white acrylic paint on the bottom of a foam plate to stamp the moon on and an earless bunny shaped piece of foam plate painted with blue open media acrylic stamped over the moon. I later painted the ears, red vest, and tail on, and collaged a piece of one of my gellli prints across the bottom. I started to leave it this way, because I kind of like it this way...


A little bit of color made a lot of difference! I used  some touches of Gelatos paints spread with my fingers here and there, some Stablio marks all black pencil, and added the words with a bought stencil...


I have a tendency for everything to wind up in the middle range of colors and tones, and the photo looks a little more gauzy than the actual piece, but I still like it. It was fun to do, and I think it's a fun little piece!

No comments: