Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Gelli Plate Stamp Prints

This is the first time I've tried the mini gelli plate as a stamp. I like it!

I had a bought stamp that was exactly the same size as my 3"x 5" gelli plate, so I laid the gelli plate on the back of the stamp. It clung to it just great. I used acrylic paints squeezed onto the plate and spread around with my fingers, which I love to do. I was careful not to get the paint on the rubber side of the bought stamp. Didn't want to ruin one of my favorite stamps!


Yep! The gelli plate is actually on the stamp back before I added paint! 


Once the paint was on, I turned the stamp over and applied it to an old music book, left over from my piano student days, and stamped away. I got the paint too thick and the book was not totally flat on my first two tries, hence the bottom two on the left. I like them though. One looks like a cat and the other looks like cranes to me. The other prints are actually what was painted on the plate to stamp, a dress. On a couple of the last ones I added a touch more paint and spread some paint around before stamping, which changed them a bit. The one on the far left bottom is a ghost print. No two alike!


Close up of one at the top of the left page, one of the last prints...


Close up of one on the right page, I love the vibrant colors! It's the only one that came out with a hat!


Close up of the cranes, too much paint...


Close up of the cat, or dog, too much paint...Took these a while to dry!

The other fun part is that now I can leave some as they are, cut them up for collage, or add more details to finish them and use them on cards or other projects.

I think I will definitely be doing more stamping with my mini gelli!

No comments: