Sunday, January 11, 2015

Still Gelli Printing...

Yep! Still playing with gelli prints! So far, I've made at least a couple of prints every morning of the new year. I'm getting quite a stack built up to play with, and my 3" x 5" is on the way to me. Yay!


This is yesterday's (Friday) batch, acrylics on Speedball printmaking paper, string, masks, stencil, hands, and fingers, all 5" x 7". My favorites are the handprints out of this batch.


The rest, made Saturday, are 8" x 10" acrylics on printmaking paper, silk flower, string, masks, stencil, fingers, bubble wrap, corrugated cardboard, torn papers, stamps, and a dead leaf. I really like the flower ones...


The top left one is my favorite from these four, and I like the blue one with the cats a lot...


The top right one, which I finger painted on to the plate, then used my finger to stencil my little bird in in hot pink is my favorite of these four. Love it!


I like the flower one a lot, and I like the lower left one. It's much better in person! I kind of used it to clean off my plate, because the paint was drying too fast, due to the heat in the house...


The red dress is more of a monotype, I guess. I finger painted it. I will have things added to it though eventually. The bottom one is on green card stock that was laying handy. Not crazy about it. The top right one is another clean up page, but, it too, looks better in person.

In fact, they all look better in person. I am not the best photographer, believe it, or not. The colors are more vibrant, and the camera, or the computer one, doesn't show all the nuances, you get the idea, I hope. :)

I have an idea to use part of these in the Japanese folding journal that I made. We'll see how that goes!

Once I started, I can't seem to stop! Well, I haven't made any today, because I slept in, and then we had company. But the day ain't over yet, she said! :)

No comments: