Sunday, January 4, 2015

Finally Getting the Hang of Gelli Plate Printing!

Two posts in one day! This morning's batch of gelli prints on colored card stock (the white looking is actually an egg shell color). I experimented with stencils, paper masks, torn papers, a jar lid with cut outs, paper cut outs, a peacock feather stamp, and a texture tool.

Until yesterday, I had been using printmaking paper and  mixed media paper from a journal to print on, but I had all this card stock and decided to try it. I think I prefer the white, egg shell, off white back grounds over the coral and green ones, and I LOVE using paynes grey on them, although the colors on here are not true and the paynes gray looks blue.



I think the card stock gives the prints a softer, slightly out of focus look. Maybe it's just the way I did it? Anyway, I think I'm finally getting braver and getting the hang of gelli printing with this batch. Can't wait to try something different with the next batch!

1 comment:

Laney said...

Isn't it so much fun?! I got a Gelli plate late last year and need to play with it some more. You've got some nice looking prints here. Thanks for sharing. I came over from CED.