Friday, November 14, 2014

On My Desk Right Now

I had so much trouble trying to view the videos from the Masters Portrait Class that I gave up for now. I think it's my internet service. Between now and the first of the year will be busy anyway, so I'm just going to do my own thing for a while and try again after Christmas. It's up for two years, so I have plenty of time and lots of inspiration from the awesome work the other students are doing.

So today I've worked some more on my 6" x 6" portrait in acrylics...



She's getting there!

I also let my inner child out to play with abandon on a sheet of 12" x 18" mixed media paper,


then used a Japanese folding technique that I learned from Jane Davenport to turn the sheet into a journal, which is now ready to decorate, paint, and write in. It has six pages besides the front and back!


Front



Inside

My pages have backgrounds that pretty much all look the same, because of the way I painted the sheet of paper. I was more interested in learning the folds and cuts to make the journal than the backgrounds for the pages on this one, but it can be painted in ways that every page is different, but still harmonious. These pages will not look the same when I actually work on them, once I figure out what I want to use the journal for. It was fun to make, and I will be making more!

And this is what's on my work table for today!

No comments: