Friday, September 5, 2014

Marks All Pencil Figure



Another piece inspired by the Creatively Made class. I did this one on an 8"x10" mixed media board that I had left over from another class. Collaged and gessoed over here.


I'd like to point out that I do not necessarily follow the teacher's procedures on my attempts at creating art. I often stray off onto my own version, because I could not copy the teacher, even if I wanted to. :) Drips and runs added here...


Some pan pastels rubbed in and I used a magazine image to go by to draw the figure in with a black marks all pencil. I liked her pose and her hat, although neither resembles the magazine image a whole lot...


I painted titan buff acrylic strips, which is certainly not what the teacher did, because I forgot to do what she did. Anyway, I wrote, "Be as kind to yourself as you can be," on two of the spaces in pencil and drew circles on the top one. I don't always know why I do things, but it just seemed right at the time. More touches added with the pencil and a white gel pen.


It still looked a little plain, so I cut out the hearts from some scrapbooking paper and added them. Once again, the colors are really a little brighter than it shows here. I'm going to have to learn to do better photographs!

Not one of my favorite pieces, but I like her okay, and I learned some things, which is the important part. :)

No comments: