Monday, March 10, 2014

Study of Cezanne Watercolor Apple 1-Masters Class-Week 3

Merry Monday! I hope you all had a good weekend! I did! Today I'm sharing my attempt at studying a Cezanne watercolor study of an apple. It's for week 2 of the Studying with the Masters Class (see sidebar for link) with Teresa Sheeley. Once again, I chose something different from what she shared in her demo. I used mostly Chinese watercolors in my mixed media sketchbook for the practice.


I'm sure Cezanne's watercolor was on toned paper. Mine wasn't, and I used totally different colors to get my colors, I'm sure. None of these practices are simple, but...


I started with a very loose sketch...


and I forgot to make pictures of the process on this one, but this is a picture of Cezanne's version and my version...


plus a closer view of my version. I'm learning and getting in a lot of practice on color mixing in these classes, and also learning new brush strokes as I go. Lots of layering! Every time I look, I see something else to incorporate. I think one could spend months on one painting and still not get everything in. After all, the masters often spent years on one painting.

I enjoyed getting to know Cezanne and his process a little better through this painting, and have become a bigger fan of his work as a result.

Also sharing on Creative Every Day and Paint Party Friday (Links on sidebar)!

7 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautifull painted! I love Cezanne! Valerie

Kristin Dudish said...

You've done a wonerful job with your brush strokes...It is so great to see your process as you study the masters :)

(I Loooove your mosaic piece in the post below!)

xo
Kristin

Netty said...

Beautiful interpretation. Happy PPF, Annette x

http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

Unknown said...

Your painting is lovely-what a challenge to take on!
xo

Annabelle said...

Hi Sharon,
This is a great interpretation of Cezanne. Your work is getting better each time I visit . Enjoy the classes.
Annabelle : )

Tammie Dickerson said...

Beautiful! It is so fun to study one artist's method - much can be learned from the masters! Happy PPF!

Jeffy said...

Beautiful painting! Happy PPF!