Sunday, February 23, 2014

Study of Matisse Still Life 3-Masters Class-Week 1

I wanted to share a picture of the original paintings with my versions, but was afraid I'd be violating copyright laws or something, so I didn't. This painting practice is Matisse's "Still Life With Lemons" and I practiced it with acrylics in my mixed media art journal. The original is in oils and somewhat brighter than mine. The vase is also bluer than mine.


Value sketch in stablio pencil in my art journal...


Light sketch for painting...


My version of the painting with notes...


My version cropped. Sorry the photos aren't so good. I like it! It was fun! Moving on to week 2, Antoni Gaudi!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely, colorful and joyful creativity. Thank you for sharing

http://agagasiniak.blogspot.co.uk/

Grove Walker said...

Your take on this is really awesome.

Alison said...

A wonderful interpretation Sharon!

Netty said...

Great interpretation Sharon. Happy PPF, Annette x

http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

Giggles said...

Very nice!! Love the colors and interpretation!

Hugs Giggles

Linda Kunsman said...

love seeing the transformation of your project-well done!

bellefrogworks said...

Lovely painting - I always enjoy seeing the progression of an art piece. I am taking that class as well - also you won't violate any copyright laws if you identify the painting as the original.

Annabelle said...

Beautiful interpretation of the still life and the colours are lovely.

Annabelle : )

Tammie Dickerson said...

How wonderful to do this class! Your painting is light, airy and happy :)

Lynn Cohen said...

Well, even without the photo I thought Matisse when I saw the sketch!

DVArtist said...

oohhhh this is very nicely done.
Nicole/Beadwright