Monday, October 14, 2013

Pinwheel Scarf in Turq

It took a while, but I finally figured out how to do a pinwheel pattern, thanks to Joyce Brisebois's youtube video on same. She is also the administrator of the Facebook group "Rigid Heddle Weaving" that I belong to. It's a wonderful group, full of very generous and helpful weavers.

 It was a lot of fun to do, once I got the hang of it! I used Peaches and Crème cotton yarn for both warp and weft in turquoise and off white with little bits of color on my Schacht Cricket 15" loom with an 8 dent reed and a sett of 8.

Below is the warped loom and the beginning weaving....
 



 
The finished scarf, before the fringe is trimmed and the header yarn (hot pink)  removed...
 
 

 Finished! I like it, and I don't think I did too bad a job for a beginner! :)

No comments: