Friday, September 6, 2013

PPF & CED - 20 minute Paintings (Heart of Green and Rose Bleu)

I am sharing for the first time on Paint Party Friday (see the link on my sidebar), which I discovered on a blog that I follow. I am also sharing it on Creative Every Day (link also on sidebar). Both sites have a lot of wonderful participants and you can visit their blogs to see their creativity in full bloom by going there and clicking their names on the list, which is new every week.

This is a 20 minute timed painting that I did a couple of days ago, in which I used glass bead gel medium and open acrylics on a 6x6" gallery canvas. It's an unusual color for a heart, but I like it! :)


I did this painting the same day, also timed for 20 minutes. The title is "Rose Bleu" and she is painted in gesso and acrylics on a 6x6" gallery canvas, and I can see that she has some spots that need to be a little darker. She is from my imagination, and I think I may write something in the grey space by her head. We'll see! :)


Both paintings were done for a group called "20 Minute Paintings" at the Trodden Path artists' social network (link also on sidebar). A wonderful place with all kinds of classes, groups, and fabulous creative people. Free to join!

I am tortoise slow, so to do a painting, even this small, in 20 minutes is quite a feat for me! :)

I hope you enjoyed your visit and will come back soon! :)

6 comments:

Linda Kunsman said...

welcome to the challenges! Your paintings are beautiful- love the blue heart. I've been with CED and PPF just over a year and find continued inspiration from these talented artists. See you next week :)

Unknown said...

lovely art pieces...the heart and lady look fab!!! Have a great weekend!

Mary C. Nasser said...

Really loving that blue-green you're incorporating! Rich!
♥♥♥
Happy PPF!!
Mary
Mixed-Media Map Art

Giggles said...

Very nice to see you here at ppf! Lovely pieces, love the texture of the bead gel!

Hugs Giggles

SAMARA said...

great inspiration. the texture is so evident and you work with the deeper colors so well! 15 minutes...you have to be kidding. bravo!

denthe said...

Rose Bleu is gorgeous!