Monday, September 2, 2013

Mixed Media Memory Project 2- "Cirque du Rabbit Hop"

Happy Labor Day to all of you who are celebrating today! I hope you're having a safe and fun long weekend!

I've finished my second project from Heather Murray's class (mixed-media memory project) at the Trodden Path, where she shares lots of great tips in some wonderful videos. I have shared a picture there, and also am sharing it at Creative Every Day! (Links to both on sidebar)

I hope you enjoy this post as much as I enjoyed creating the memory portrait in it! :)

 

First background layer on a 9 x 12" gallery canvas using acrylic paints ...
 

 
 
"Old Pat", the first horse my dad bought for me in the sixties, when I was about fourteen. I know her nose is missing. It was behind a post! She was a very gentle old gray mare. My grandpa had one just like her. 


Me, at age 10 in 1959, and my Pekingese from way in the future (the eighties), trying to decide where we want to be...

 
Ah! Here we go! A miniaturized version of one of my doodle drawing horses coerced me into letting him join in the fun and now Old Pat has a nose...
 
 

More layers added, and I decided to write the story of the circus into the background (would have been easier if I had done it before the figures were in place) with a Sanguine Pitt brush pen...


More layers and details added and I believe I've captured a pretend memory circus moment! What do you think? :)

I am also writing the fictional story to go with this painting (the one in the background of the painting), which I will share in another post. I couldn't resist! Thanks for stopping by! :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a wonderful horse!