Sunday, July 28, 2013

Mixed-Media Memory Project

I've been taking the Mixed-Media Memory Painting Project class by Heather Murray  at          http://thetroddenpath.ning.com/ and the following photos show my progress from beginning to end of my first project. My learning piece, if you will.

 
 Covering the 9x12" gallery canvas with acrylic paint and cutting out the printed off subject pieces while it dries...
 

Deciding where I want to place the pieces, gluing down, and leaving to dry...


Adding more paint...

 
More paint and some writing...
 

 
 
I have several bought palettes and I still tend to use whatever is handy...
 


More paint, gel medium, and words, and it's finished! At least, I think it is! The photo isn't the best, but I'm happy with the portrait.

 In the background stands the old Ross Hotel, which used to stand at the end of Main Street, overlooking the TN River. It was torn down in the late 1970's, I think (a total shame!). The Pekingese was my constant companion for almost 16 years. Her name was Kibbles Marie, and she was given to me as a tiny puppy by two of my dearest friends. She left me in 1997 and not a day goes by that I don't still miss her. The man is one of my dad's ancestor's, and the photo was given to me by my uncle. I loved the photo of my ancestor sitting cross-legged on the grass playing his fiddle with the faraway look on his face and thought it fit with the old hotel. For some reason, the fiddle needed to be red...

Close up of the words cut from the Anne Rice novel, Violin...

 
I painted the sides of the canvas black and called it done!
 
I really enjoyed this project and can't wait to make more. Ideas are zipping around in my head like crazy! :)
 
Go over to Creative Every Day to see lots of wonderful art in all media by some awesome artists!



1 comment:

Beverley Baird said...

What a gorgeous piece! Love your step by step details of its creation.